Thursday, September 10, 2009

What a long strange trip its been...


this sorta sums up the feeling.....















Finally home.. i think there might have been  a moment where i even wanted to kiss the ground like Kevin Costner in Robin Hood.. but that would have been weird. For those not savvy on the social media networks like Facebook I recently did a trip to Russia.. 

To make the long story short, I had some visa issue and was detained in a Russian holding cell. It was a room with a metal door with no handles, 5 deadbolts and bars on the window.. It was probably one of the scariest moments in my life when i realized that i was completely alone in there and they just locked the door and left. Luckily my phone worked and the US embassy was able to speak on my behalf so i could get something to eat.. and drink. After 24 hours I was deported back to Korea then had to come back to Russia 2 days later. I missed the best day of the swell and basically ended up sitting there for two weeks with flat conditions. I don't think I have ever endured such hellish adventure.. 

Needless to say you have to take the good times with the bad. This trip ended up costing double what i thought it would and definitely left a lasting impression. I don't think ill be going back to Russia anytime soon. But at least I have a few photos to remember it by.


1 comment: